Job Advert – Director
Job title: Director
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: Full time
EAD Ecology is a thriving consultancy that provides specialist ecological services to developers, planners, utilities and local government. The company, established in 2003, has a track record of outstanding commercial success, combined with a reputation for delivering high-quality ecological outputs. It is an exciting time to join the company as we are in transition to becoming employee owned; this process is expected to be complete by February 2022.
We wish to recruit a Director, who will become an integral part of our leadership team and will shape and implement the company’s business development strategy. The post is based at our office near Exeter in Devon – situated on the banks of the River Clyst and enjoying stunning views across the estuary. The successful candidate will lead and deliver complex and interesting projects; manage and develop a team of dedicated and talented ecologists; and build and develop relationships and networks with clients and project teams across a range of sectors.
What we will offer you:
- A senior leadership role within a respected employee-owned company.
- The chance to lead and be part of an experienced, friendly and welcoming team.
- A competitive salary and pension; as well as a profit-share through our Employee Ownership Trust.
- Three paid days a year to volunteer for your chosen charity.
- Flexible working.
- An exciting and interesting portfolio of projects.
- First-class training, support and mentoring.
To be considered for this role you will need:
- A good relevant degree.
- Extensive portfolio of professional experience, the majority in consultancy and in senior management and leadership roles.
- Ability to deliver presentations, lead meetings and communicate effectively with clients, design teams, planners and regulators.
- Proven leadership experience.
- Confidence in the preparation and critical-review of technical reports, including EcIAs, HRAs, ES Ecology chapters and Ecological Management Plans.
- Expertise in staff management and business development.
- Full Membership of CIEEM; Chartered Ecologist/Environmentalist would be an advantage.
- A Full UK driving licence.
If you would like to be considered, please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Further company information can be seen at www.eadecology.co.uk.
The closing date for applications is Monday 10 January, 2022.